Sound Testing 2017-12-31T11:10:23+00:00

In 2003 the Building Regulations introduced Approved Document E (ADE 2003) which required that sound insulation testing is carried out on 10% of all new attached homes, conversions, some historic buildings and rooms for residential purposes. Developers now need to provide Building Control with a sound testing certificate to demonstrate that the sound insulation requirement for the dwelling has been met.

Approved Doc E (2003) requires that test bodies are either UKAS accredited or registered with the Association of Noise Consultants (ANC). We are an accredited ANC member with testing registration no: 194-1.